Friday, April 1, 2011

Arrival!

Okay.  Lauren and I have FINALLY made it to Nagoya.  We flew from Pittsburgh to Chicago, then from Chicago to Tokyo, and Tokyo to Nagoya.  I slept maybe 3 hours total the entire time (I don't remember the take-off of the final flight, and woke up when we landed)!
Lauren at Narita Tokyo Airport.  
When we finally arrived in Nagoya and got our baggage, we were met by a taxi driver who had a sign with both our names on it.  He had on a uniform and little chauffeur hat (which I want really bad).  He took our cart of luggage, put it in the truck, held the doors open for us and was VERY friendly.  He spoke some English and was telling us Japanese words for things.  The car had lace seat covers and was very fancy.

Our building was about 40 minutes away from the airport and Lauren and I were both dozing off at this point.  We finally got here, and had a small little orientation in my room and then went to bed.  For today, we have until 2:30 to unpack and get settled before a short orientation and then shopping.

My address is:   #2B, Boarding House Y.G.,
                         3-16-16 Obata Minami,
                         Moriyama-ku, Nagoya,
                         Aichi 463-0048

Here's a video of my room.  Enjoy!
 


Here are pictures of my room in case you can't get the video to load.
This is my teensy tiny washer. I don't know how I'm going to fit jeans in it.

This is my bed.  Pretty blue comforter that Sigmund matches.

Tiny bathroom, but all mine!

Cupboard above shoe cupboard with Earthquake safety kit.
Shoe cupboard

MicroFridge & trash cans

Kitchen!

Closet


Veranda/where I hang my clothes to dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment