Sunday, April 3, 2011

Day 2? I think. Jet lag has me all screwed up.

So, I went to bed last night and woke up at 230am.  Couldn't force myself back to sleep so I talked to Mom & Dad on skype.  Went back to sleep around 4am.  Lauren came down at 5, plagued by sleeplessness as well and used my laptop until I woke back up at 730.  After that, I showered, ate some food, skyped with Mom, Dad, Pam & Ron.

After we got ready and made some little ramen things to tide us over, Lauren and I took our first trip by train. All by ourselves!!!  We met Steve, got a converter from him, and then wandered around the Oozone Station for a bit.

While we were there, we found a photo booth that took passport size photos, which we both need for tomorrow when we register for our Alien Registration Card or Gaijin Card.  It cost over $8 for the pictures, but we both needed them.  I'm really starting to get concerned about money.  I have 5000Y set aside for tomorrow, to buy my train pass and pay my registration fees.  And then after that I have just over 9000Y to last me until April 10. (So I've spent 6,593 of my original 21,000Y). I think it's enough.  I really haven't felt like I bought much, just things I need to get by.  Clips to hang my clothes to dry, detergent, soap, food, notebooks, toilet paper and that's about it. *sigh*  I really can't wait to get my stipend.

After we got our pictures, we took the train back to Obata station, went to the drug store to get some notebooks and pencils (they don't have them at the grocery) and to look for some Tylenol.  Unfortunately, nothing looked familiar so I am stuck with my headache for now.  After that we went to the grocery and got some food.  We ate a little sushi bento and split some Takoyaki for lunch, and desert was a bun filled with red bean paste and icing.  VERY YUMMY but it was very filling.

There is a woman who has walked up and down the street 3 times now.  Well, if you call being pulled by an overly exuberant miniature poodle walking.  >.<  Kinda funny.

Orientation is tomorrow.  I'm nervous.  I hope I don't make a complete fool of myself.  Well, done for now, may add more to this blog later.  Toodlez!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment