Sunday, April 24, 2011

Kimono

As promised, here is another blog.  Happy Easter everyone!  I hope you got to spend the day with loved ones.  I was so happy to see my parents, sister, cousins, aunts, uncle and grandparents on skype today.   I miss you guys!!!!  Now, on to the blog:

Feature today:  Kimono.  I purchased 3 yesterday, one for myself, one for my lovely Nanny, and one for my awesome Momma. =D   (I'm a suck up, and miss them tons).... Today was a lazy day spent cleaning, doing laundry, and going grocery shopping.  Steve & I did go out to dinner, which was nice. But that was about it.  I apologize for the lacking blogs.  It's hard to blog when I have class, study, sleep, repeat.  I don't want to bore you all with the same stuff over and over again.
Anywayssssss. Here we go!  Picture time once again. (Apologizing now for the crappy pictues)

Nanny's Kimono, because of the black cherry blossoms and red accents.


The belts are called Obi, and don't really have to match perfectly.  This one matches the color scheme so I chose it for this kimono.



This is mom's kimono.

You can't tell in these pictures, but the silk is textured and has many designs and such.





Couldn't find an Obi that I liked. Maybe next time!
My kimono, simple, black, with bronze, gold and red accents


The obi really does match! Promise!





That's all for now.  I hope you guys enjoyed what little I had to offer.  Wish I had more, but I don't right now.  Fortunately, next week is Golden Week and there should be PLENTY going on then.

I have my first test in my Japanese class.  It's actually one of two classes that has tests.  The rest are report based.  I have 2 reports due tomorrow.  One in American Culture; we had to choose an American song and fill out a worksheet on it.  I chose Somewhere Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole.  My second report is for my Advanced English course and is on either Chernobyl or Three Mile Island.  Once again, all I really have to do is fill out a worksheet.  I also have a report due for my Contemporary Topics in Japan class (2 worksheets) and next monday have 3-400 word reports due for my Japanese Study class (one of those is on my shopping trip to Osu).

Well, that's all for now.

<3  Love & Miss you All!  Hope you had a good Easter <3

1 comment:

  1. Did you do Three Mile Island? We watched it before you left? Dad

    ReplyDelete