Friday, April 8, 2011

First Day of Class & Bowling Party!

Had my first 2 classes today! (And I don't have anymore until Tuesday, yay for not having class on Mondays --Seriously, Mom, can I stay here forever?)....  I love this school.  They have only 5 set periods a day, and are courteous enough to account for a lunch break, so you have time to eat between 2nd period and 3rd period.

My first class was Japanese 202 with Isomura-sensei.  She was very sweet and teaches Kanji.  I was so very nervous though that I made myself look like even more of an idiot, despite recognizing most of the material.  We have a small quiz on the Kanji from today's lesson next week, so I have to be sure to study!

After Japanese, Nat-chan, Lori-chan and I went back to CIEP with some lunch.  Then the four of us went to Japanese Culture in English.  This is a class that is actually for Japanese girls wanting to take classes in English, not for English-speaking students; but it works.  Maeda-sensei separated us into 4 groups; one for each English-speaking girl.  Then we discussed in our groups what us foreigners want to learn, and what the Nihon-jin want to express in English.  It was really really cool and I made some new friends.  I swear, this semester is just going to be great! Everyone here is so very very nice!

After class, we went with Ai-chan and a few of the KING girls to buy the book for our Japanese Culture in English class.  It's a rather small book, but was only about $18.  My Japanese book is only going to be $28, which is really sweet!  Books here are CHEAP compared to in America.  I was telling some of the girls how much my books back home cost (using my trusty converter app) and they were SHOCKED!  Then we waited at CIEP until the BOWLING PARTY!

We went to the Tomei Bowling Alley in bright lime green busses.  Were separated into groups of four and bowled for two games. It was so much fun!  I had a blast.
Bus



Final scores after 2 games. I got 118 =(

Even the bowling shoes are cuter here!



All of us new Exhcange Students!

No comments:

Post a Comment