Monday, April 11, 2011

Karaoke and the Rest of the Weekend!

We went karaoke Saturday night and it was a blast!  So much more fun that I ever imagined.  And I'm in love with a certain thing known as Nomihoudai (aka all you can drink).  You pay an hourly (or half-hourly) fee and get to drink all you want.

Photo Booth that alters your photos to make your skin blemish free, eyes big & face thinner. Tis amazing

Best song of the night.

Dinner after Karaoke!

The next morning, Steve, Lori-chan, Nat-chan, Yuka-chan, Akane-chan & I went to Nagoya Castle to see the pretty cherry blossoms.  We ate lunch, and watched a dance, but I started feeling really really really sick with a migraine and Steve brought me home.  Spent the entire trip home focusing on not getting sick on the train that has fluorescent lighting and a screaming baby next to us.  It was horrible and why I haven't really had the chance to update.





















Took these later that night walking home from dinner with the boy.

I love how they turned out!

Japan has the Liquor Castle beat that, Morgantown!!


Today (Monday), I have no class, so I slept in before getting up to clean.  I hung out my futon (we're supposed to hang them out for an hour every week) and did laundry.  Then Lauren & I went to Kinjo to meet Ai-chan, Nat-chan, Nau-chan & others for lunch, only Ai-chan gave us the wrong time and we were late. >.<   And our scholarship is not ready.  I really hope we get it soon.  Then I went back home and took a nap because it felt like my migraine was coming back.

At 5:20, however, we met Te-chan for dinner.  It was amazing and very very very fun!  Chef was SUPER NICE and decided to show us various aspects of traditional japanese cuisine.  We even at the head of a tempura fried shrimp!!!  It was actually good!!!

Chef made a tomato panda!

I want this little soy sauce pot for some reason

Pretty pretty placemat.

FISH!

Business thing?

One of chef's many nooks full of stuff.

Chef making a sushi roll.

Close-up of the finished roll.

I also want this bowl & matching spoon.

Egg soup. Very yummy.

Egg soup again!

Comparing the very LIVE shrimp to the boiled one for us.

Appetizer of various vegetables, nuts, and a shrimp.

Tempura veggies, fish and shrimp. Veryy yummy!

Plate of sushi!  Left to right:  Egg, Tomato, Vegetable & Egg roll, Tuna, Salmon, Shrimp.
My tempura shrimp.  A WHOLE shrimp. Yes, I ate the head, it was good.

Picture of us holding some of Chef's souvenirs.

CUTE!

Sushi plate!

Laurent's plate!

Miso soup!

A certain type of seaweed. The balls were filled with slimy stuff. I did NOT enjoy.

Chef showing off his creation for another group of people.

Said creation.

Dessert sushi roll. Idk what was in it, but I didn't like it.

Yum!  Fresh, perfectly ripened fruit.

Candy with the restaurant's name on it!

Us with Chef!

Chef showing us a crab. Lol.
Dinner was an amazing experience.  I hope you all enjoyed the pics.  Sorry I didn't write more. Things have been crazy.  For all of you reading, COMMENT.  I'd love feedback!!!  You have to comment, then hit post, then the page will reload and at the bottom will be your comment and underneath it one of those security captcha things (with the squiggly letters), type that in, hit post again and it should work.  For those of you who don't have an account, post anonymously but be sure to write your name at the end of the post so I know who you are! <3 Love you all!

11 comments:

  1. So cool! Makes me missing you worth it to know you are having a once in a lifetime experience. I love you! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks like you are having such a great time Chels!! Real Japanese sushi?? Yeaaaaa, I'm jealous! Japan looks beautiful and I am stoked for you to have started finally you studying abroad! I feel as though I might have to follow in your footsteps here shortly... Much love and keep on keepin on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The food looks really good. Things look great there and it sounds like a wonderful experience. But why do so many wear surgical masks? Did I say the food looks really good?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great time, have fun and be safe. Dad

    ReplyDelete
  5. Chelsea this is just a TEST NANNY

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Honey, I wrote this yesterday and it didn't go though so thus the test last night. I don't know what I did. Love the pottery but the sushi not so much I think I want my food cooked. If you find an art gallery that has some good prints of cherry blossoms let me know the price. I may get one. Sounds like you are having a great time, I hear it in your voice when we talk. I was wondering about the churches over there, many denominations? What church does your landlord go to? Talk soon love always Nanny

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you reading any of the comments? You aren't answering any of the questions. Your sensei's sound interesting anyone you like better? Are they men or women? Talk soon love always Nanny

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the pics of the cherry blossoms. sounds like you are having a great time, minus the migraines :( be safe, jasmin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Chelsea, it's Jayne and Shellie froom Parker, PA.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks Chelsea, Leave it to Nanny to stir you up! I hope you have a little of her spunk! Bless you.
    Steve

    ReplyDelete