Friday, April 8, 2011

Orientation Again & A Date with Steve!

 So, Orientation was horrendously boring. We had a nice safety orientation on bicycles and learned how to use kmail (aka google mail). The only thing slightly entertaining was getting our Inkan (personal seal) and opening a bank account!

Inkan!

MY ADORABLE BANK BOOK!

 After I came back from school, Steve took me out for a date!  We had a blast.  We met at Oozone station, decided to go to Sakae.  He took me to the Ghibli store.  Bad Idea. I want to buy EVERYTHING!  He did buy me a Totoro plushie though. ^.^ Bestest boyfriend ever!

Totoro Dishes!

Totoro dishes!

Totoro Hat. I'm getting one before I leave!

<3 My Totoro <3

After shopping, we wandered a bit. And there was an adorable little park. It was so beautiful, I had to take pictures, even though it was dark and they came out rather bad.





After walking through the park, we made our way to a small restaurant (we just picked the first one we saw that didn't look SUPER expensive).  We sat down, and there was a grill in the middle of our table; guess we had to cook for ourselves.  We both ordered okonomiyaki, and after overcoming the language barrier were able to cook it properly and it was delicious!  We also ordered desert, not knowing what it was.  It came out, and was ice cream, topped with cocoa sprinkled plain, white, cotton candy and a small metal pot of espresso.  Apparently you heat the espresso on the grill, and pour it over top...Only, when you do so, the cotton candy dissolves and gets all crispy and was really cool (and yummy!)  This may be my new favorite place to eat!

Our table!

Umeshuu (My new fave drink --Plum liquer)

Okonomiyaki ingredients!

First you cook the pork.

Then put it back in the bowl, stir it all up, then pour it on to the grill like so.

Wait 5 minutes, then flip!

Then wait another 5 mins, and flip again!

Then add the fish flakes.

And cover in sauce.  (This one is Steve's)

This one is mine!

Dinner is served!

Our icecream after pouring the boiling espresso on top.
After dinner, we walked to the giant ferris wheel attatched to a building in Sakae. (I posted a picture of it before, I think).  I got lots of cool (albeit, kind of crappy) pictures of downtown Nagoya.

Bottom of Ferris Wheel. The colors change.

Our gondola.





Giant Karaoke Building!







It was an awesome night. Very sweet and romantic. Just what I needed. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment