Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Bit of an Update

Sorry for the lacking updates lately.  Things are finally slowing down.  Classes are in motion, homework needs done, etc.

This weekend, we went out for some Karaoke then went to an "American" style bar called Shooters.  I ordered a calzone, Steve ordered a hamburger and we split them up & shared.  It was soooo awesome to eat American food.  I really have been missing it.

Speaking of American food, I got my box from mom with my new shoes, 5 boxes of Velveeta & Shells, a bunch of Special K bars and some Dove chocolate. BEST MOM EVER!

Okay, now back to Shooters.  We're all sitting there, we being me, Steve, Natalia, Nausicaa, and Saki, doing shots, talking and having a good time when this girl walks up.  She looks at me and goes "You're Chelsea right?"  I nod, with a confused look on my face.  She continues, "I'm Chelsea Diem, Jessica's cousin, we're facebook friends!!!"

So here I am, in a bar, in downtown Nagoya (which is like the 3rd largest city in Japan or something) and I run into my mom's coworker's cousin!  Well, she ran into me, but that's beside the point.  Thought it would be a pretty funny story to share.  Especially once everyone figured out I'd never met her and only knew her through facebook.

After that, Steve, Lauren, Natalia, and I took a cab home because we'd missed the last train and went to bed.  Spent Saturday hungover from the MANY MANY shots we did at Shooters and pretty much laid around and did nothing.

Come Monday, I had 2 new classes (because I didn't have enough credits for WVU's satisfaction).  American Culture and (possibly) Advanced English.  Both are taught by an America, Matthew Taylor, who seems AMAZING.  We spent our first American Culture class watching American music videos (Yay! Michael Jackson!  Boo! Miley Cyrus) and have to do a small report on an American song.  Thanks to Mom's wonderful brain, I think I might do an Elvis song. =)

As for the American English class, CIEP is still sorting out whether or not I can actually take that class because I'm not an English major,  I'll have enough credits with or without it, but I feel like I would be a great asset to the class because I can help the girls become more fluent in English.

After classes, Natalia, Lauren & I went grocery shopping.  Like real groceries, not just running to the little tiny store or the convenient store down the street.  I have some real food now, although not much to last more than a week & a half because it was HEAVY and we had to walk back home carrying everything.  Natalia then made salmon filets in some Polish spices she brought from home and it was AMAZING.  YUM!

Today was very boring.  Went to Japanese.  Had a lesson on Listening Comprehension, then spent the rest of the day relaxing.  It's been one thing after another here, and I'm grateful it's slowing down.

Well, that's all for now.  Love & Miss you all.  Especially my Nanny.  *HUG*  You're the best.  Hope you know that.

<3  Til next time <3

2 comments:

  1. Always glad for the update. Sorry to hear you were sick and had to take all those shots and them on top of that you had a reaction and the shots gave you a headache. I'm SORRY!!! I DR's in the U.S. give better shots than that! Don't you think its funny you taking English in Japan? I need to send you a box as soon as I get it together.Talk soon love always.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe miss you too! Glad you got some American food lol

    ReplyDelete