Saturday, April 23, 2011

Osu Trip!

Today was my trip to the Osu Shopping District for my Japanese Study class.  Pretty much, they make up wake up really early in the morning to explore various kimono shops.  They were soooo PRETTY!  So, enough chit chat from me.  Here are your long-awaited pics!!!

Gate to Osu Temple

Osu Temple

Osu Temple

Discarded, unlucky fortunes



Big Lantern

Incense burner

Candles

Altar/Shrine

My fortune

Buddha

Fortune box

Little Buddha


Temple again...

PIGEONS!

Covered shopping arcade? 

Bakery

Closed Kimono Shop

Bakery again!

Baker making anko-filled fish-shaped pastries


YUM!

Open Kimono Shop

Making fish-shaped pastries

Cooking fishie pastries

Completed fish-shaped pastries


BEAUTIFUL!

Obi

Obi






Calla Lilly Kimono. So pretty! Sooo expensive!



Add caption





Whyyyy???? 
That's all for now.  I have some more kimono pictures, but I'm saving them for the next blog.  =P

Love & Miss you all!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Chels,

    I have been enjoying reading your blog and looking at all the beautiful pictures. It really sounds like you are have a fantastic time...I am so happy for you. Enjoy all you can. Adele (mom's work)

    ReplyDelete