Saturday, April 2, 2011

First Day!

Food!  The thing that I have craved all day and had none to eat.  We finally met up with Ando-san at 2:30 for our quick orientation (aka she showed us how to work everything in the building).  She took us around and showed us the train station and the grocery and drug store. 
We met the girl that lives across the hall from me.  Her name is Natalia, she's Polish but currently studying in the UK and knows 4 languages.  She seems really cool.  After Ando-san left us, the three of us did some grocery shopping. 

We have since discovered that Lauren and I don't like mitarashi dango.  And that the onigiri with the green wrapper have some sort of pickled vegetable in the middle and the ones with the blue wrapper have tuna salad in the middle.  The onigiri were delicious.  I also bought a GIANT bottle of green tea, some ramen, and little fruit & jello breakfasty things.  Oh, and toilet paper and q-tips. 

Lauren is in desperate need for a converter for her laptop, so boyfriend, being the wonderful, wonderful person he it, is coming to meet us and give her one and join us for dinner. Hooray!

Addition: We met boyfriend at the train station, he forgot Laurens converter in his excitement to see me. >.< I reminded him lime four tomes before he left too! Ugh. Anyways. We explored for a bit and found a conveyor belt sushi place for the four of us to eat dinner. It was very good and not at all expensive. ^.^ Now boyfriend is on his way home, Lauren is on the computer and I am doing laundry. My little washer makes very scary sounds. I'm kinda afraid of it. And of it shrinking my clothes or something. The water seemed cold. So hopefully it works ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment