Thursday, March 17, 2011

Worry and Stress

Things at the Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Plant seem to be escalating out of control.  It has me very worried about the status of my trip.  I have people left and right lecturing me about not going; when everything I look at says it's still safe for me to go because I'm going to be so far away. Roughly 400 miles. Of course, Chernobyl had radiation spread over a 600 mile radius (luckily, things haven't gotten to be near as bad in Japan). 
As of right now, I am still going.  Mom has called the school, called the State Department.  The school has us registered with the STEP program in case I get there and have to be evacuated.  Until they cancel my flight, or detect radiation in Nagoya, I'm going.

My main concern right now, is Steve.  I don't want him to get affected by radiation, nor do I want him to come home and lose out on a great experience because of people over-reacting.

I want people to understand that I'm not an idiot.  If things are unsafe, I won't go.  But until it reaches a point where my health and well-being will be directly affected, I'm going.  My graduating with my current major depends upon this trip.  I've invested time and money into this trip that I will never get back.  And if I don't go, I will lose even more time because I will either have to change my major, or schedule a later trip date to Japan which will put me even further behind schedule for graduating.

On a happier note, my cousin's baby shower is this weekend.  I'm super excited.  Baby Mason. =)  I'm going to miss him being born while I'm in Japan, but can't wait until I get to finally meet him.

2 comments:

  1. I just got to read this! I told Anthony that I didn't want my grandchildren to have three eyeballs and he just shrugged and said it would be fine. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol. My pastor told me that I was going to learn to glow in the dark. >.<

    ReplyDelete