Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Honey and Cash

Steve and I received very bad news yesterday.  Two of our snakes passed away.  It was very unexpected to us and we still don't have any idea as to what may have happened.  Needless to say, it was highly upsetting.  So, this blog is for them, I wish there was more I could do.  Being away from home when a death occurs, whether it be family, friend, or pet,  has to be one of the worst things a person can experience.  I can't help but think that there was something I could have done, that they were in pain, or suffering and no one knew.


We got Honey without even really thinking about it.  One day we were visiting Sierra and playing with her ball python Ghost, and the next we were at the pet store pricing snakes.  Of course, when we got there, we found a beautiful juvenile ball python with the temperament of an angel, and we couldn't resist.  Believe me, I TRIED to piss that snake off and never could.  She never struck at anything, well, except for mice and rats.  And she wasn't afraid of anything.  If she saw somewhere she wanted to be, you couldn't scare her away from it, nor direct her attention unless you picked her up and took her away from it.  She also loved my hair.  Many hours were spent with her tangled up in my hair, just chilling.   She was my silly, stubborn snake and I know I'm going to miss her.

This picture won her Ball Python of the Month. =)

The day we got her.  Best necklace ever.

She eventually got too heavy to chill up there and the brim would bend and she'd fall.  Lol

Snake Coaster!



Chilling on the interwebs!


Cash was our scaredy-snake.  He was terrified the moment we got him in the mail and stayed that way.  Poor guy was afraid o his own shadow and was constantly hiding under his water dish.  He was a sweet heart though and never bit either.  Nick called him Optimus-Prime Bumblebee and loved him!

Hiding under his water dish. =P

Nick was super excited about there being a new snake!

My favorite picture.


Hiding time.

So, there they are.  My Honey-girl and Scaredy-snake.  I miss them so much.  I wish this had never happened, but there's nothing I can do except try to be happy with the memories I have.

1 comment: