Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Acceptance

I'm Chelsea, a junior at West Virginia University.  This is my study abroad blog.  I will try to update at least daily once I'm in Japan.  Until then, I'm only going to update when something important and trip-related occurs.

Me (I no longer have the lip piercing)

I got my final acceptance from Kinjo Gakuin University today. Kinjo is outside of Nagoya, the third largest city in Japan. I will be studying there from April 1, 2011 to July 28, 2011.  Along with getting my acceptance packet, I got my Certificate of Eligibility which enables me to FINALLY get my Visa.

Fortunately,  I am not going to Japan alone.  I'm going with my former roomie and good friend Lauren.  She is also going to Kinjo and we should be neighbors in the residence there. 
I'm currently making flight arrangements with Lauren's dad.  Flights to Japan are lengthy and expensive.  It makes me not very happy thinking about shelling out $1500.  Hopefully the scholarship Lauren & I have been offered pays for our air fare.


Lauren


My boyfriend, Steve, is also going to Japan.  He leaves the 14th of March and won't be back for 10 months.  He's going to a school that's about an hour train ride away from Kinjo.  We've already figured out that it will cost us roughly 450Y  or about $5.00 to see each other.  I can't wait to explore Japan with him.  ^.^

Steve 
Well, that's all for today.  Hopefully something exciting will happen before I leave so this blog doesn't sit for the next 5 weeks.  49 days or 7 weeks until I leave the USA for 日本.

4 comments:

  1. Pretty layout!
    Also - I skimmed down the page before reading and absolutely freaked when I saw my picture xD haha.
    Blogspot twinnsssss.
    AMG AMG AMG JAPAN.
    I think it's pretty neat that we'll have our own individual rooms - instead of sharing. So glad I'm not going alone though. We can freak out on what we're going to eat for dinner together.
    Is Steve going to make a blog too?
    This is the most lengthy comment... I'm just super excited.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm Correction:Your boyfriend's name is Anthony, you just call him Steve. Which by the way is weird.
    Signed, Steve's Mom
    LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Lauren: Lol. I meant to ask if I could use your pic but it slipped my mind. If you want me to take it down, I will. Steve's blog is stevepoppers.blogspot.com... I think... I'm gonna find it here in a few minutes and follow it.

    @Kerry: I refer to him as Steve in most conversation (unless with you or his dad & extended family) so I shall refer to him as Steve in my blog.

    @Jodi (who I'm assuming is Mom): Couldn't you think of anything else to say? Lol.

    ReplyDelete