Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Medication & other forms

 Getting medication into Japan is difficult.  Prescription medication must be brought in with a copy of the prescription and a letter from your doctor stating the use of said medication along with a form called “Yakkan Shoumei”.It's an "import form" and from the looks of it is going to be a pain in the butt.  The Yakkan Shoumei application has to be sent by post and approved by a pharmacy person in Japan.  I have 3 medications which I need to take daily and a fourth that is as needed.  I wonder how long this is going to take.

On another note, I filled out my Visa application and am quite nervous about having to mail my passport and Certificate of Eligibility.  Looks like we're taking insurance out on the package.

No comments:

Post a Comment