Sunday, June 5, 2011

Weekend update!

Once again, I had a rather uneventful weekend.  It's nearing the end of the month, and I'm trying not to spend money until I get my scholarship on the 10th.  Hopefully I get it on the the 10th, because I have to pay my electric bill on the 14th.  If not, I have the money set aside for it, just in my U.S. account (meaning nice exchange charges).  Friday night was spent doing homework and hanging out with Steve.  Saturday, I was really lazy and slept in.  Then Steve and I went to this Chinese restaurant nearby, which was really yummy, by the way.  After that, he went home and Iona and I made our way to the LIQUOR MOUNTAIN.  Where I made my first legal purchase of alcohol.  Drinking age is 20 here.  But they really don't seem to care or ever card.  I have yet to be carded since getting here.  Neither has Steve. It's rather odd.  Afterwards, Iona and I came back, and enjoyed some movies, pizza toast, and rum & cokes.

Today was a bit more exciting.  Iona met up with my language partner, Sayaka-chan and her friend, Chisato.  We went out for lunch and got some yakisoba and okonomiyaki.  Then we went shopping.  I bought a cute bento (lunch) box because I plan on taking salad for lunch every day and needed a box.  I also bought souvenirs for people.  (Speaking of souvenirs, I seem to spell the word wrong every single time I use it, quite frustrating).  It was quite fun.
It has two separate levels.  Quite nice.  One level for salad, one for my entree.
After shopping, we stopped by a little festival and wandered around and bought some food.  Unfortunately, it was really hot and gross, and I have 2 presentations tomorrow, one of which I have yet to start the report.  Luckily it won't take me long, but it meant we had to leave before the fireworks and dancing and such. =(  Well, there's always next time.

Oooh.  Just because I miss him so much, here is the latest picture of my Amos-face.
Mom and Dad have since bought him his own baby pool, seeing as it is obvious he wanted one badly.  =)  I <3 my cuddle-puppy.

Well, that's all for now.  <3 Love You <3

1 comment:

  1. That box looks so... cute. Am I to understand that it is a lunch box? How big is it? Does it have a handle? Going to your mom's this weekend and bringing Nick home with me for next week. We can skype you some morning. Talk soon love always.Nanny

    ReplyDelete